FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the box office hours?
- The box office is open Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm and open one hour prior to a performance. Box office is closed for lunch from 12:30 - 1:30 pm.
How do we reach a ‘live person’ when calling the box office?
- If you don't get a 'live person' when calling to order tickets dial extension 301. Please note that phones are answered during business hours only.
What fees are incurred ordering through the ticket office?
- All tickets purchased for CMC Series Performances have Ticketing Fees already factored in to the ticket price, therefore advertised prices are actual prices.
When do tickets go sale?
- Performances generally go on sale to the public six to eight weeks prior to the first scheduled performance.
- This information is listed on our website, and sent out in CMC's email newsletter - to sign up for our newsletter please click the link to the left.
If you wish to learn more about early bird ticketing priviledges, please pick up a CMC Membership brochure.
Who do I contact if I have a group of 10 or more interested in attending a performance?
- Discounts and priority offers are available for certain performances for groups of 10 or more. It is noted in the upcoming events section on the website if a group discount is offered. Groups sales can be obtained by calling our Box Office Manager at 304.425.5128 extension 301. Group discounts are not combined with any other offer, including student rates.
What is ‘will call’?
- A 'will call' podium is located in the Grand Hall and opens one hour prior to all performances for guests who have purchased and must pick up their tickets. Please bring your confirmation number and a valid driver's license.
When can I pick up my tickets before the show?
- Tickets may be retrieved anytime during regular business hours. Due to the expense tickets are never mailed.
What is the Center’s inclement weather policy?
- If a performance is able to take place despite inclement weather no refunds are issued; however, in the unlikely event that the artists cancels a show the performance will be rescheduled at a later date. If for some reason the artist is unable to reschedule a refund will be issued. Watch the Center’s website for cancellation updates.
What is the cancellation of show policy?
- CMC will never cancel a show. Should a performance be cancelled refunds are issued, however, the source of the refund depends on where the order was originally placed. When tickets are purchased directly from the Center the refund is typically issued within two to three business weeks.
- If the tickets were purchased online then the credit card used to place the order will be automatically refunded.
May I exchange my tickets?
- Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable once purchased.
Are tickets reprintable if I have misplaced or forgotten them?
- Lost/stolen tickets can be reprinted. Original purchaser must present identification and there is a $6 per ticket reprinting charge. Please treat your tickets as cash to avoid reprinting charges.
May I turn in purchased tickets as a donation?
- Yes - we will gladly accept a donation of your tickets back to the Chuck Mathena Center. This must take place at least 24 hours prior to the performance.
Do you have children’s or senior citizen’s prices?
- Tickets are occasionally available at a lesser rate for children at certain performances. Please call the ticket office for details.
How do we get to the Center?
Where do we enter the building?
- Guests may enter either through the main entrance to the right and left of the four large center columns, or on the right and left of the building.
Where should we park?
- CMC has 250 parking spaces on the property.
- CMC encourages ride sharing for sold out performances.
Do you have barrier free seating and parking available?
- Barrier Free seating is available on row L and row B.
- Tickets for these rows can be purchased through the box office and must be requested at the time of purchase to guarantee availability.
- On the right side of the building is where the handicap parking is located and the entrance ramp. There are 10 handicap parking spots and 4 van accessible handicap parking spots.
What time should we arrive?
- The Grand Hall doors to the Center open one hour prior to all performances. Doors to the theater usually open a half hour before the performance.
How far is the farthest seat away from the stage?
- The farthest seat from the stage is less than 90 feet away. There truly is not a bad seat in the house!
What is the capacity of the Center's Theatre?
- Current Maximum capacity is 942 seats - once seats are purchased for the orchestra pit the maximum capacity will be 1000.
What is the smoking/tobacco policy?
- Smoking is permitted in outside designated areas only. Chewing tobacco is not permitted.
Do you have elevators?
- No. CMC does have a wheel chair lift to access the barrier free seating in row B on the Even side of the theatre.
May I bring my baby into the theater?
- We encourage families to enjoy performances together. All persons, regardless of age, must have a ticket and are required to sit in their own seat. Some CMC performances do not permit children less than 3 years old (please see schedule or call box office).
- During family friendly shows children are to remain seated and attentive, not disturbing audience or artists. When infants/toddlers are present at a performance the following applies: strollers*, seat carriers*, snacks*, candy*, bottles*, and Sippy cups* are not allowed inside the theatre. Nursing Mothers: will find comfortable chairs in the ladies rooms for feeding infants.
- *These items may be checked at coat check and are permitted in the Grand Hall
Are cameras, video cameras, recording devices, cell phones and pagers allowed in the theater?
- At times, photos may be taken in the Grand Hall of the Center; however, neither cameras nor recording devices are permitted inside the Theatre. Cameras may be checked at coat check. When attending a performance, please turn off all cell phones, pagers and beeping watches. Guests who are expecting emergency calls, please put your phone on vibrate and answer the call in the Grand Hall in order to not disrupt the performance. Cameras and videorecorders are going to be permitted at certain events. This will have to be determined on an event basis.
What is the appropriate dress to wear to a performance?
- When attending the Center most guests opt for casual attire such as jeans. Some choose to wear suits or other evening wear, depending on the time of day and show they’re attending. Wearing layers is also recommended. The most important thing is to dress comfortably.
If you have any questions please contact CMC at 304.425.5128